This Membership Mixer is FREE and we provide Complimentary Appetizers. However, we ask that you RSVP by 10/22/2018 so we can get a basic head count.
In this full-day, highly interactive and participatory workshop, participants will learn how to:
Registration Link: https://www.internbridge.com/san-antonio/
HR Volunteers Needed. CMA will be hosting the next Warrior Transition Readiness Workshop in San Antonio, TX.
CMA is in need of 10-15 HR Professionals, Resume Writers, & Career Coaches who have a passion to serve the military community.
For event information and registration please visit http://cmawarrior.org/volunteer/
Speaker: Erin Kaberline
Summary of program:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes, in collaboration with Starbucks, announced the launch of Hiring 100,000 Military Spouses, a three-year, national call-to-action campaign for companies and businesses, of all sizes, across America to make a collective commitment to hire 100,000 military spouses.
While much of the country is experiencing the lowest unemployment rates in decades, military spouses are still unemployed at a rate of 16%, over four times the rate of their civilian counterparts.
The goal of the Hiring 100,000 Military Spouse Campaign is to address the issue of military spouse unemployment and underemployment and provide real solutions for military spouses seeking meaningful 21st century career opportunities.
· Review the typical professional challenges military spouses face throughout their service members’ careers, including licensure, underemployment, military culture, etc., and differentiating these challenges from those faced by military veterans.
· Address typical military spouse stereotypes.
· Explain why military spouse unemployment and underemployment have a direct impact on military readiness.
· Provide information about organizations that are working to connect private sector business with professional military spouses.
· Discuss the potential impact San Antonio organizations could have by creating internship or returnship programs for military spouses and encouraging current military spouse employees to identify themselves and plug into the military community here.
Join us this evening to music, delicious h'orderves and a cash bar. Don't miss this opportunity to network with leaders in the HR community.
Copyright 2018 San Antonio Human Resource Management Association, Inc.
San Antonio, Texas All Rights Reserved