Position Summary :
Monitors and evaluates on a continuing basis local activities concerning workforce readiness issues and plans and encourages chapter involvement and activities impacting the workforce readiness arena. Presents a report or update to the chapter president and fellow chapter members. Works in cooperation with state-level workforce readiness advocates.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
State council workforce readiness director
- Serve as advocate and program coordinator for workforce readiness chapter activities.
Partner with local schools to share information. Contact local workforce readiness coordinators within the schools to discuss initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate issues that impact workforce readiness and develop goals for chapter workforce readiness strategy.
- Report on workforce readiness issues to chapter members and serve as advocate at chapter activities for education programs.
- Serve as a resource for chapter members on workforce readiness issues and provide leadership to the chapter on education issues.
- Monitor local activities concerning workforce readiness and provide timely information on education issues to the chapter president and state workforce readiness director.
- Work in close cooperation with state workforce readiness director.
- Develop and support workshops and seminars that address workforce readiness issues.
- Provide special recognition for chapter members and for local programs that promote betterment of the local workforce through educational process.
- Respond to any other requirements of the chapter president and state workforce readiness director.
- Participate in SHRM Workforce Readiness Core Leadership Area volunteer leader conference calls and webcasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.