Position Summary :
Promote the student chapters and managing the scholarship program, internship program, and college outreach efforts.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
- Develop scholarship application evaluation criteria and design the appropriate materials.
- Promote the scholarship program and internship program to local colleges and universities.
- Evaluate applications and recommend recipients.
- Make recommendations on changes to scholarship program (i.e., scholarship amount, number of recipients).
Align SAHRMA student chapter initiatives with SHRM; communicate with Texas State Council College Relations Director on state level student chapter initiatives.
- Participate and coordinate volunteers for the State HR Games and the Regional HR Games;
- Establish a mentoring programming; submit articles to SHRM about student chapter activity/ accomplishments.
- Communicate with local faculty/colleges to provide classroom visits to discuss HR topics, the Chapter, internships/scholarships, SHRM membership, etc. Act as mentor to college students seeking a career in HR.
- Recommend community service projects to be supported by the chapter.
- Serve as liaison between members of the college relations committee.
- Participate in the SHRM College Relations Core Leadership Area conference calls and webcasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.