Position Summary :
Oversee and manage the marketing and public relations activities of the chapter. Guide the activities of the following committees: Marketing and Branding, Chapter Communications, Sponsors/Patrons.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
- Direct and support the activities of chairs and members of the marketing and branding committee, chapter communications, and sponsors/patrons. Coordinate committee activities to support the chapter's mission. Recruit members to serve on these committees.
- Create and maintain a favorable image of the chapter working for the professional development of its members by: (a) keeping membership informed of chapter projects, activities and upcoming meetings, and (b) disseminating relevant professional information viewed as beneficial to the members.
- Recruit assistance from the membership and the board for articles, survey questions, etc.
- Coordinate production of the newsletter, compile, edit, design, and lay out the final copy of the newsletter. Ensure that issues are distributed via e-mail) in a timely manner.
- Maintain web site for content and design.
- Direct all the marketing and public relations activities of the chapter.
- Work with the chapter membership director to increase membership in chapter.
- Communicate with local media sources to ensure community awareness of chapter activities and events. Work with President Elect to write and submit short chapter-related or HR-related news items for local newspaper or business paper.
- Work with members engagement and member relations directors to plan chapter and community events.
- Act as a liaison between the board of directors and the committee chairs.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Complete other assignments as requested by the president or the board of directors.