Position Summary :
Act as financial officer and advisor to chapter board of directors. File appropriate forms and information with IRS.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
- Fulfill the role of financial officer and advisor
- Participate in discussion and action on all business of the chapter.
- Assess the financial implications of proposed actions by the board of directors and inform the committee prior to final decisions being made.
- Observe the financial direction of the chapter, recognize possible financial problems, and bring such problems to the attention of the board of directors for action.
- Provide monthly financials to President for review and approval.
- Provide a monthly dues and fees delinquency report to the President.
- Provide monthly financials for discussion at board meetings.
- Provide monthly financials to CPM for uploading on the Chapter website.
- Receive, hold, and safeguard in the capacity of trustee and financial agent, all funds for the chapter.
- Disburse such funds only for normal and usual uses unless the chapter's board of directors shall otherwise direct.
- Work with the CMP to collect delinquent membership dues, meeting and seminar fees.
- Work with each board director to develop the annual committee budget.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.