PLEASE NOTE: By submitting an application to speak, if selected, you are
1. Meet all deadlines and to abide by other conditions of presenting (i.e.
speaker materials, contact information, A/V and facility scope/limitations.
2. Honor our commitment to provide education by not showcasing or promoting the
speaker's practice, services or products (i.e. not "selling" from the
3. Be willing to repeat the session, if needed.
4. Provide high quality handouts by the date and in the format requested;
provide substantive training materials to be included on the Symposium website/
jump drive/ handouts
5. Not add a co-presenter or change the identity or number of presenters
6. Respect SAHRMA, STXHR Symposium and it's affiliates as the sponsoring
organization with either positive or neutral comments from the platform.
Failure to adhere to these expectations may result in the inability to be
considered for future speaking opportunities with STXHR Symposium.
A NOTE CONCERNING HONORARIA: Our event uses educational
symposium sessions as a platform for innovation in the field of human resource
management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise
WITHOUT expectation of payment in the spirit of networking.
EACH CONCURRENT SESSION WILL LAST 1 to 1.5 HOURS
The Selection Process: We strive to offer a balanced program
of educational sessions by selecting proposals that best fit within the
framework of the symposium.
Practical Application: Sessions conducted by practitioners
that include practical, immediately applicable work tools will be given
preference. The symposium committee seeks presentations that will provide our
attendees with information that will improve their effectiveness on the job.
Proven Speaking Ability.
The symposium committee seeks experienced presenters with proven speaking
ability. Those with a track record of speaking and performing well at large
symposiums will be given preference.
Proof of Performance.
Please note that we do NOT return any proof of performance.
- Download and submit Video Recordings of the proposed speaker presenting a
session to an audience. and/or
- Evaluations - Evaluations that show your quality ratings and scores from
previous speaking engagements. Please include the number of attendees present
and define the rating scale.
- A summary of evaluations from a program the speaker previously presented.
Please do not send stacks of individual evaluations completed by the attendees.
The Speaker Committee needs to see the overall score of your session (average
score from all who rated the speaker, not individual impressions).
- DO NOT submit letters of recommendation, phone numbers, marketing brochures,
audio recordings, interviews, books or articles. They DO NOT qualify as proof
We expect presenters to
- Meet all deadlines;
- retain the session content, audio/visual needs as originally submitted;
- not add a co-presenter or change the identity or number of presenters without permission;
- provide handouts by the date and in the format requested;
- honor our commitment to provide education by not showcasing or promoting the speaker's practice, services or products, and
In return, we will:
- Provide you a complimentary registration for the symposium including closing social event.
- Grant you valuable professional exposure.
- Provide you with your evaluation scores after the symposium.