Position Summary :
Take minutes of Board and chapter meetings, provide notice of meetings and general correspondence. Maintain chapter records and history. Participate as a committee member in developing a Standard Operating Manual and Record Retention Plan.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
- Upon the advice of the president, the secretary should issue notice of officer and board of directors' meetings.
- Consult with the president and provide the CPM with the agenda for all meetings.
- Maintain a record of attendance and prepare the minutes of all officers' and directors' meetings and regular chapter meetings.
- Distribute to the membership all meeting announcements, newsletters, and other information. This information should also be sent to the CMP for distributing to the district director, the state director, and the SHRM Regional Team.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.