Position Summary :
The job of the President Elect is to perform the duties of the President during the President's absence or temporary disability. This position also serves as a training ground for the President Elect to gain a thorough understanding of the Association in preparation for his/her year as President.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
- Filling in for the President as necessary.
- Maintaining current SAHRMA Board job descriptions.
- Review and approve submitted job postings for the on-line job bank.
- Soliciting and appropriately utilizing from SAHRMA senior members in order to gain strategic direction for the Association.
- Preparing for the presidency by gaining a thorough understanding of the Association, Board positions and their roles, Association financial activity and SHRM relationship.
- Coordinating the annual transition dinner and transition workshop and any other gathering which will help prepare his/her Board for the following year.
- Participating in the quarterly new member mixers.
- Attending all State Council meetings as a non-voting participant to understand SAHRMA’s role at the state level.
- Writing one “Message from the President” article each year in place; usually for the June issue of the newsletter.
- Acting as “Ambassador” for the HRSW Conference each year, encouraging SAHRMA members to attend.
- Sending current mailing addresses, each January and as needed throughout the year, to the database administrator of other chapter presidents and state council members who receive the SAHRMA Update.
- Leading or assisting in special projects as requested by the President.