Position Summary :
Manage the member relation function to engage senior and executive level members in the association, successfully retain members, and work with committees to engage volunteers. Guide the following chairs: Executive Forum and Member Relations.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
State council membership and at-large director
- Direct and support the activities of chairs and members of the executive forum committee and members relation committee and coordinate their activities to support the chapter's mission. Recruit members to serve on these committees.
- Work with the Professional Development and Professional Emphasis Group committee to develop programs and initiatives to engage senior / executive level members.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments of president (e.g., member retention, etc.)
- Plan socials for current members and at-large members.
- Work with the Member engagement committee to contact at-large members (SHRM members who are not members of any chapter) to extend invitations to meetings.
- Act as a liaison between the board of directors and the committee chairs.
- Attend monthly membership and board of directors meetings.
- Participate in the SHRM Membership Core Leadership Area conference calls and webcasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Complete other assignments as requested by the president or the board of directors.