Position Summary :
Under the direct supervision of the San Antonio Human Resource Management Association (SAHRMA) President, this position provides administrative support to the SAHRMA Board of Directors. Independent judgment and initiative is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload. Deals directly with membership transactions and answers routine correspondence.
Responsible To :
The members of the chapter
The chapter president
- Confirms and audits payments received for membership dues, event fees, newsletter advertising, and sponsorships in the SAHRMA website database.
- Send receipts to members and sponsors as requested.
- Enter credit card payments received by phone, mail, or fax into credit card terminal.
- Stamp all checks upon receipt and deposit checks / cash within 48 hours of receipt.
- Enter check register entries and credit card transaction summaries into QuickBooks within 48 hours of deposit.
- Follow up on insufficient fund payments (checks and credit card).
- Ensure all vendors provide a completed W-9 form and enter information into QuickBooks.
- Enter, maintain, and file complete vendor information as needed.
- Prepare and send invoices for newsletter ads, monthly meeting sponsors, greeting table sponsors, and Service Provider Directory Listing.
- Follow up on items not cleared in recent reconciliations.
- Provide information for CPA to prepare Form 990 on an annual basis (January).
- Maintain database information of current and former SAHRMA members to include changes in employment, contact information, email addresses, and mailing addresses.
- Review applications for membership received via the website, mail, and fax.
- Determine applicant’s eligibility and forward questionable applications to the appropriate Board member for final determination.
- Audit membership dues for non-payment and invoice on a monthly basis.
- Receive and respond to emails and website inquiries for the CMP, Info, and XXX email accounts (copying appropriate board members).
- Maintain binder with current Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare New Member Lists at the beginning of each year for the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and for the Director of Membership; prepare and mail new member certificates on a monthly basis.
- Retrieve mail and distribute to appropriate Board member on a weekly basis.
- Answer SAHRMA phone.
- Inventory, order, and maintain SAHRMA office supplies.
- Maintain petty cash fund.
- Prepare and send Eblasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provide administrative support for monthly Board of Director meetings to include :
- Prepare and distribute membership metrics report for monthly Board meetings.
- Provide update on outstanding Accounts Receivables and status of follow up.
- Provide updated active membership list and membership totals to Board of Directors.
- Report on current business items as needed.
- General organizational administrative and clerical tasks as assigned by board members.
Provide administrative support for monthly general meetings and other events to include :
- Maintain reservations for monthly meetings and other SAHRMA events via website, phone, fax, and mail.
- Provide event registrant information to Board Members as requested.
- Prepare final event report listing all attendees for each event.
- Print HRCI Certificates for monthly general meetings and other approved events.
- Attend general meetings and reconcile event report during the program.
- Print and prepare name badges.
- Print copies of the agenda for distribution.
- Assist Treasurer with registration table.
- Prepare and mail no-show invoices within 48 hours of general meeting or other event.